Are you interested in buying manufactured homes? You might be wondering on the options available to you and the working of the processes. The following information can serve as a basic guide to buying manufactured homes. You may either buy a new or go for a pre-owned manufactured home, but there are some important things, that you need to keep in mind while choosing the best manufactured housing option for you.
Buying New Home
One of the greatest benefits of buying new manufactured houses is the customization options that are available with them. The basic customization options that are available with new manufactured homes include the following:
- You can select exact size and layout for the home. You can typically choose the size from 900 to 2,500 square feet. In addition, you can choose the right floor plan for your family.
- You can customize the exterior of the home. You can make the exterior design choices like the color of the sidings, material for construction, decks, placement of steps, awnings, and more.
- You can choose all the features that you need. This is a fun aspect of buying new manufactured home. You can have anything from custom cabinets, fireplaces, or walk-in closets in your new manufactured home.
Buying Used Home
Price reduction is one of the biggest advantages of buying a pre-owned manufactured home. However, you need to ensure that the used manufactured home is in good condition. Keep an eye on the following things:
- Closely check the doors and windows for gaps, insulation, and cracks.
- Ensure that the insulation under the belly wrap does not have any moisture.
- Test the strength of the flooring of the manufactured home and ensure that it has no warping.
- Make sure that the walls of the home are made from 2×6” lumber with 16” spaced studs.
- Inspect the home thoroughly to make sure that there has been no settling, as it can leave the home unleveled.
- Check to anchoring system of the manufactured home to make sure that it is still intact and sturdy.
These are some of the important considerations while looking for pre-owned or new manufactured homes. You should make sure that you check all the above points thoroughly, as buying a manufactured home can be a large investment, whether it is a new or a used one.